The Victorian Government and the Federal Government are providing payments to financially support Victorian workers, including parents and guardians, who are required to self-isolate or quarantine due to COVID-19.
Victorian Government worker support payment
The Victorian Government is providing a one-off $1,500 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Worker Support payment. To be eligible you must:
- Have been instructed by the Department of Health and Human Services to self-isolate or quarantine at home because you have either been diagnosed with coronavirus (COVID-19) or are a close contact of a confirmed case.
- Have been instructed by the Department of Health and Human Services that a child aged under 16 in your care needs to self-isolate or quarantine at home because they are either diagnosed with coronavirus (COVID-19) or are a close contact of a confirmed case.
You will be contacted by the Department of Health and Human Services to confirm your eligibility and obtain documents to support an application including evidence of identity and eligibility for leave or income support.
To receive the payment you must be:
- 17 years and over
- Currently living in Victoria (including people on Temporary Protection Visas and Temporary Working Visas 457 and 482)
- Likely to have worked during the period of self-isolation or quarantine and are unable to work as a result of the requirement to stay at home.
- You must not be receiving any income, earnings or salary maintenance from work.
- You must have exhausted sick leave entitlements including any special pandemic leave.
- You must not be receiving the JobKeeper payment or other forms of Australian Government income support
Federal Government pandemic leave disaster payment
In response to the escalating spread of COVID-19 in Victoria, the Federal Government has also announced the establishment of a pandemic leave disaster payment for people who have to isolate for a period of 14 days through no fault of their own, regardless of what job they're in or employment they're in.
The pandemic leave disaster payment will be modelled on the arrangements which the Victorian Government has put in place (the $1,500 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Worker Support payment).
The Federal Government payment will be made in the same way that Disaster Recovery Payments are made via the Australian Government disaster recovery assistance hotline:180 2266.