- Upcoming UK events
2019 Introduction to UK Tax - On Demand
Content covered in this UK Tax recording includes:
- UK Tax – the background
- Computation of business profits
- Capital allowances – an introduction
- Capital gains – an introduction
- The obligations of an employer
- Extracting profits from owner managed companies
- VAT: common pitfalls for business owners
- Inheritance tax (IHT)
- Tax administration
2019 Introduction to UK Tax - On DemandRegister now
NZ Tax Roadshow Recap – On Demand
This recording is a summary of the content presented during the recent New Zealand Tax Roadshow. The session covers: What's on the horizon, Employment, Doing Business in NZ, Tax Avoidance - Land, Individuals, International, TWG and Charities.
Sustainable Business - the evolving landscape: 09/12/2019
With a changing and uncertain business environment, CAs in business need to understand the trends and evolve to ensure they continue to drive long-term value creation in their organisations and support effective decision making.
Join Karen McWilliams Business Reform Leader at Chartered Accountants ANZ as she provides an update on the policy landscape for broader business and practice areas in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
Content will focus on:
- Climate risk disclosures - which are getting increased focus from regulators and the investment community in Australia and New Zealand – learn more about the global and local developments and why Chartered Accountants need to understand climate risk and its impact on the organisations they work with.
- Australia’s modern slavery bills – the legislation brings Australia in line with the UK for modern slavery reporting with the first reporting period currently underway. Find out why greater transparency in supply chains and operations will be increasingly important to all organisation, not just those who will need to report.
- Integrated reporting – understand how this is developing both in Australia and New Zealand and around the world.
Karen will also share some insights from leading research and thought leadership on the future finance professional, including publications from CA ANZ on AI and ethics and the future of trust and the International Federation of Accountants.
Australian Update: 11 December 2019
This will be an opportunity to hear from our Tax Leader Michael Croker CA post the Federal Election. Michael will provide an update on CA ANZ’s approach to tax advocacy, the tax policy issues he is dealing with at Government and Treasury level, as well as the current consultation agenda with the ATO. This event will also give you an opportunity to provide feedback to Michael on tax topics of particular concern to you.
Michael will discuss a number of critically important topics such as:
- Australian economic landscape
- The latest initiatives from the Morrison government (re-elected May 2019)
- Labor’s re-set tax policy agenda (following defeat at May 2019 election)
- ATO investigation strategy for large companies (multinationals, public and private) and high wealth individuals
- Tax issues for CAs living abroad
- ATO modernisation plans and how they impact the future of tax advisory services
- Other key domestic and international tax developments
Tina - The Tina Turner Musical: 12/02/2020
Normally priced at £79.50, CA ANZ have reserved 50 well placed seats for Tina the Tina Turner Musical at the discounted price of £36.00 for CA ANZ members.
These seats are located in the stalls from row F to L. Tickets include an ice cream at half time.
2020 Annual Joint Conference: 21/03/2020
We are delighted to announce that the Joint Conference with Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand and South African Institute of Chartered Accountants, will be back again in 2020 for its 15th year. The programme includes eight main speakers and breakout sessions. There will be 8 hours of CPD content to suit all delegates, followed by networking and prize draw.
FEES: Early Bird Deadline is 5pm, 20 December 2019.
Member - CA ANZ, SAICA, ACCA and all other GAA:
- Early Bird: £180.00 (£150.00 + VAT)
- Standard: £222.00 (£185.00 + VAT)
Long Distance Member
For members who live over 100 miles from the venue please contact email@example.com to receive the long distance discounts.
- Early Bird: £216.00 (£180.00 + VAT)
- Standard: £258.00 (£215.00 + VAT)