- Update from Regional Manager Duncan Pittard
Regional Managers Report - Tasmania December 2018
Tasmanian Regional Council and Member Advisory Panels
I want to start by thanking the members of the Tasmanian Regional Council for their continued support and the outstanding contribution they make on behalf of the members. These members play a critical role on behalf of all Chartered Accountants in Tasmania, providing expert advice and guidance to management about issues that are important to the whole membership.
The 2018 Tasmanian Regional Council members are:
- Paul Breen FCA – Chair
- Lyndal Kimpton CA – Deputy Chair
- Jason Binder CA
- Stuart Dare FCA
- Sophie Hill CA (Young Observer)
- Mark Leis FCA
- Hugh McKenzie FCA
- Danny McCarthy FCA
- Leah Orr CA
- Anita Robertson CA
I'd also like to thank two of our retiring councillors for their contributions to the panel – Anita Robertson and Jason Binder. Your contributions on behalf of the members are greatly appreciated!
Audit partners or managers invited to participate in research study:
A team of researchers led by Professor Paul Coram FCA at The University of Adelaide are conducting research on the effect of the new requirement to report Key Audit Matters on audit partners and managers’ decision-making that will assist the post implementation review of this auditing standard. The case study should only take about 10 minutes and you can go into a draw to win an Ipad.
You just need to follow the below link to the case study:Participate here
On a final note for 2018 I'd like to recognise and thank the team in Chartered Accountants ANZ's Melbourne office for their continued outstanding work on behalf of the members in Tasmania during 2018, delivering a series of high quality events and support to all of our members:
- The Regional Office and Event Delivery team – Elaine Coghlan, Rachel Dearsley, Sarah Martin, Danielle Falso and Manisha Prakash
- Account Managers - Andrew Quinlan, Vanessa Nagamany, Theresa Mitchell and Anthony Ross
- Careers Engagement – Nicole Marrier & Lachlan Turner
- I wish you all a very safe and happy Christmas and a happy new year and look forward to seeing you soon.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any issues you would like to raise, and I look forward to seeing you at a Chartered Accountants ANZ function or event in the very near future!
Regional Manager – Victoria & Tasmania