- South Australian Government policy advocacy and member engagement plan developed
- A key objective is to raise the public profile of CA ANZ in the region
- Local member feedback to be sought at a forum in SA in February
During 2018 Chartered Accountants ANZ (CA ANZ) commenced discussions with the Regional Councils in Australia to determine interest in further engaging local CAs in our policy advocacy and activities with their state governments.
Our Advocacy team proposes to work with the Regional Councils to help develop and implement coordinated advocacy and communication plans with the Australian State Governments on policy issues relevant to members in their local regions.
The main purpose of our advocacy is to create value for local members, their clients and the communities they serve.
- Identifying and communicating more opportunities for experienced, local CAs to engage in policy advocacy and activities with State Government,
- Raising awareness and visibility of our advocacy with members and State Government,
- Increasing the influence and impact of our advocacy,
- Increasing our recognition as trusted advisers with State Government, and
- Raising the profile of CA ANZ and members with State Government and in the region.
The South Australian Government engagement strategy is part of the SA/NT Regional Council Strategic Plan which is focused on raising the profile of members as trusted leaders in business and finance. A key objective is to raise the public profile of CA ANZ in the region, including with the State and Territory Governments.
The SA/NT Regional Council intends to hold a member forum in late February this year, where the proposed South Australian Government policy advocacy and member engagement plan will be presented to members for feedback and discussion. A Northern Territory Government engagement strategy will also be developed at a later date.
Updates on progress and further opportunities for member engagement will continue to be communicated in Insight, the news section on our website and various digital channels.
Questions and comments
Please contact the Australian Government Affairs Leader.Email here