- CA ANZ participated in the extensive stakeholder consultation process in developing the revised standard
- The revised standards provide clarity on existing requirements
- The revised APES 330 Insolvency Services standard is effective for appointments on or after 1 January 2020
The Accounting Professional & Ethical Standards Board (APESB) has released a revised APES 330 Insolvency Services (APES 330) standard that supersedes the previous standard issued in September 2014.
The revised standard is effective for Appointments commencing on or after 1 January 2020 with early adoption permitted.
APESB conducted an extensive consultation process with stakeholders, including CA ANZ, in developing the revised standard. The revision provides clarity on existing requirements in APES 330 and takes into consideration legislative reforms and changes in professional standards.
Significant changes to APES 330 Insolvency Services standard include:
- Additional guidance on independence considerations
- Enhancements to requirements for the Declaration of Independence, Relevant Relationships and Indemnities (DIRRI)
- Additional guidance on necessary and proper Professional Fees and Expenses
- Updates and cross-references to the restructured Code of Ethics for Professional accountants (including Independence Standards).
After an extensive consultation process, an interactive PDF of the revised APES 330 standard is now available.
APES 330 is now available in an interactive PDF through the APESB website.View here
Insolvency and restructuring
Chartered Accountants play a key role in the field of insolvency and restructuring.Find out more