- Be ready and plan for your return to work
- Useful return to work resources for members to access in Australia and New Zealand
As restrictions are slowly lifted in Australia and New Zealand and life returns to the new normal it is important for our members, as employees and employers, to be ready.
- Have a plan. Employers and employees need to have a plan for returning to work and working safely. Employees and employers need to be preparing for all aspects of returning to work including transition plans, risk assessments and appropriate safeguards.
- Communicate – consult with your employees about what is expected of them and ensure staff stay at home if they are unwell
- Outline and clearly communicate the safety measures your organisation has/will have in place to protect your employees – physical distancing, additional hygiene measures
- Have an internal tracking system to monitor any potential COVID-19 exposure from employees and visitors (e.g. clients) to ensure your organisation is on top of any potential risks (manual or online/App).
Below is a list of useful resources to assist you return to work.
- Employment New Zealand COVID-19 and the workplace
- Worksafe – COVID19 information for health and safety risk that businesses need to manage
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment – Government sources providing guidance and support (COVID-19)