- CA ANZ has updated its policy priorities for advocacy in 2021
- We work closely with our members to identify policy priorities and develop positions
- Our objective is to deliver bold, visible advocacy in the public good
Good public policy plays an important role in building a more sustainable, prosperous and resilient future.
We aim to deliver bold, visible advocacy in the public good in areas that impact our members and the businesses and communities they serve.
The major policy areas we advocate on are tax, financial advice, superannuation, reporting and assurance, small business and business reform.
CA ANZ has recently updated its policy priorities and positions for advocacy in 2021, with input from our members, to guide our approach for the year ahead:
- Tax Australia – broad based tax reform; regulation, competence and governance of the tax profession; tax policy settings and state tax reform
- Tax New Zealand – supporting small and medium businesses through their COVID-19 recovery; and the future and sustainability of the tax base
- Financial Planning New Zealand – licensing requirements for financial advisers
- Financial Advice Australia - Recognition of the CA designation; industry reform including a strategic advice registration model and a Limited Licensing review
- Superannuation – Industry reform
- Small business – Cash flow and business planning; reducing complexity and regulatory burden; small business viability review; and small business bushfire support
- Reporting and assurance – Audit, assurance and risk; financial reporting; extended external reporting
- Business reform - Non-financial risks; climate change; insolvency; anti-money laundering; and data and technology
- Professional standards – Updating the Code of Ethics; and limiting member liability.
Learn more about our advocacy objectives and how we advocateRead more
Policy submission principles
The framework that guides our approach to drafting submissionsFind out more