- Grant Ellis FCA and Bob King AT (Fellow) receive Meritorious Service Awards in 2020
- Grant is a member of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand Council, and Bob is a South Island Regional Councillor.
- Just three Meritorious Service Awards may be given annually in each region.
Grant Ellis FCA, a member of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand Council, and Bob King AT (Fellow), South Island Regional Councillor, have been given Meritorious Service Awards this year, recognising their outstanding voluntary contributions to the profession.
Meritorious Service Award recipients must have made a significant contribution to CA ANZ through outstanding service on a Regional Council, a Committee or panel. This includes service in representing CA ANZ on joint panels, government working groups and inquiries.
Just three such awards may be given each year in each region.
Grant first became involved with CA ANZ (previously NZICA) through Auckland Branch in the early 2000s when he became a member of the Auckland CFO SIG Committee which he went on to Chair for 10 years.
Grant has been a member of the CA ANZ Council since 2017 and continues on this body with his term running until the end of 2021.
A brief summary of Grant’s contribution to CA ANZ:
- Member of CA ANZ Council: January 2017 - present
- CA ANZ NZ Councillor: 2015 - 2019
- NZICA Councillor: 2010 – 2014
- Auckland Branch Committee member 6+ years prior to 2009
- Member of NZ Regional Council Fellowship Sub-Committee: 2015 - 2018
- Auckland CFO SIG Committee: 14+ years and convenor for 10 years
- Auckland Corporate Sector Committee: 14+ years
Grant is currently the Chief Financial Officer of Restaurant Brands New Zealand.
Bob King AT Fellow
Bob has made contributions over the last 17 years both locally and nationally to CA ANZ – and previously NZICA.
He first got involved with NZICA when he became a member of the Otago Branch Committee in 2003. He became Branch Chair in 2010, a position he held for three years.
He was elected to the NZ Regional Council in 2016 – a position he still holds.
A brief summary of Bob’s contribution
- CA ANZ New Zealand Regional Council: 2016 – present (deputy Chair 2019 – present)
- Member of CA ANZ NZ Regional Council Fellowship Sub-Committee: 2016 - present
- Member of CA ANZ NZ Regional Council N&G Sub-Committee: 2016 - present
- Otago Local Committee (& previously Otago Branch Committee) member: 2003 – 2015 (Chair 2010 - 2013)
- Otago CPD Sub-Committee 2007 – 2011 – assisting with coordination of Queenstown Conference
- NZICA College of Accounting Technicians Committee Member for 2007
- NZICA AT National Advisory Group Member: 2007 - 2008
- NZICA AT & ACA Advisory Group Member: 2009 – 2010 Convenor, Otago Corporate Sector SIG: from approximately 2015 - end of 2017
Bob is acting CEO of the Cancer Society Otago and Southland.
About our awards
CA ANZ recognises and celebrates the outstanding professional achievements and distinguished service of our members with Fellowships, Meritorious Service Awards, and Life Memberships.Read more