- NSW Regional Office update
- NSW Regional Council Elections
- NSW Region Annual General Meeting
NSW Regional Office Update
As Regional Manager a key component of my role is member engagement, either individually, or at one of our various events. And I am pleased to lead a team of dedicated staff who support the more than 32,000 members in NSW. To ensure our engagement is relevant for members we also work closely with the NSW Regional Council, and NSW committees such as the YCA Panel and the various regional country members groups, as well as the Chartered Accountants Advisory Group.
The Chartered Accountants Advisory Group is a valuable service and utilised by a number of our members. Each Group is comprised of senior members who provide assistance to colleagues who find themselves needing to confidentially discuss either ethical or practice issues with a senior CA from our panel. As Regional Manager I act as members’ conduit with the NSW Group, therefore if you wish to use this service please don’t hesitate to email me.
NSW Regional Council Elections
Each year in Australia there are a number of Regional Council positions to fill. For 2018 the nomination period runs from 1 to 31 August and nomination forms will be made available via the website, or through your local Regional Office.
Where the nominations for a particular region are equal to or fewer than the number of vacancies, the nominees are deemed automatically appointed to that position without the need for an election. Where the nominations for a particular region exceed the number of positions available, then an election will be held during September and October, and the results announced at the Regional Annual General Meeting.
Further information in regard to the role of a Regional Councillor is currently available via the website.
NSW Annual General Meeting 2018
The Annual General Meeting of members for the New South Wales Region will be held on Wednesday 17 October 2018 at 5.30pm in the CA offices Sydney. Further information is published on the website.
- NSW YCA Charity Trivia Night 2018 - Thursday 19 July for young CAs under 35. Registration and further information
- NSW Annual High Tea - The High Tea, hosted by Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, is a "must attend" occasion, with all fundraising proceeds donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Save the date, 21 September, in your calendars for what promises to be a thought provoking and enjoyable Friday afternoon. 2018 topic and speakers to be announced soon.
- World Congress of Accountants 2018 is coming to Sydney in November and I encourage you to attend. For more information go the WCOA website.
Regional Manager NSW