- NSW Regional Council Elections 2018
- NSW Annual General Meeting 2018
- NSW events update
NSW Regional Managers Update August 2018
The NSW Regional office team is here to support and liaise with NSW members. The team coordinates the many initiatives for members that provide training and education, networking, professional development and celebrate key milestones and accomplishments in the life of a CA.
The team provides support for the NSW Regional Council, which represents the 32,000 NSW members. As advocates for the members, Council seeks opportunities to meet and network with members, seeking feedback and providing a link with their professional body.
NSW also has a young members’ panel, which helps the internal team identify relevant event activities for this segment.
There are now more than 5,000 members located outside of the metropolitan area. The NSW branch is greatly assisted by nine volunteer member Chairs who help us identify and run relevant local activities and support communication channels.
We would like to also remind members visiting the Sydney CBD that there is a members’ lounge at the Erskine Street office. For access, members can simply register with the concierge to make use of wifi, tea and coffee facilities.
NSW Regional Council Elections
As advised in previous newsletters, nominations are currently open for positions on the NSW Regional Council. The nominations period closes at noon on 31 August and nomination forms are available via the website, or through your local Regional Office. Any member thinking of nominating can contact me if they would like further information about the role. Also, I would be very happy to connect a member with an existing member of Council for a discussion about the duties and expectations of the role.
NSW Annual General Meeting 2018
The Annual General Meeting of members for the NSW Region will be held on Wednesday 17 October at 5.30pm at the CA ANZ offices Sydney. Further information is published on the website.
NSW Events Update
Certificate Presentation Ceremony
The second 2018 Certificate Presentation Ceremony was held on Wednesday 1 August, where more than 500 members and guests attended. We also welcomed guest speaker and new FCA, James Solomon, who spoke about his career path and the value of his CA qualification. This is an enjoyable event congratulating and welcoming new members, and those younger members who have attained a merit award in their current module of the CA Program.
- The World Congress of Accountants 2018 will be held from 5‑8 November. The Congress only occurs every four years and is the premier accounting conference for the global business and finance community. Don’t miss out on this major international event. For more information please go the WCOA website. https://wcoa2018.sydney/about-wcoa-accounting-conference/accounting-theme/
- Tickets to the Chartered Accountants Annual High Tea are selling fast. All proceeds will be donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Register now at https://events.charteredaccountantsanz.com/7thhightea
- The 18th Annual Netball and Basketball Tournament will be held on Sunday 14 October. Registrations are now open at https://events.charteredaccountantsanz.com/NSWNETBB
I look forward to meeting members at some of these key events.
Regional Manager NSW