- A range of resources are available to help you through the recovery where needed
- This includes a checklist on the top practical issues for small business impacted by bushfires and a Mental Health First Aid Guide for Chartered Accountants
- Our thoughts are with all our members, your clients and the wider communities during this time
As extreme heatwave conditions persist across a number of our drought affected regions, bushfire season has started early and a state of emergency is declared across New South Wales and Queensland, our thoughts are with all our members in practice, your clients and the wider communities during this time, particularly those who have had losses or needed to evacuate to safety.
Your CA community is here to support you and remind you of a range of resources are available to help you, your clients and communities through the recovery where needed.
- Download our CA ANZ checklist on the top practical issues for small business impacted by bushfires to be used by either affected members or help advise clients who have been affected.
- Information to support your mental wellbeing including a Mental Health First Aid Guide for Chartered Accountants to help you engage in difficult conversations with your communities and clients and ask R U OK?
- Your Chartered Accountants Advisory Group can offer free, confidential guidance on professional and ethical matters to help you make a considered, informed decision.
- Visit the Australian Tax Office dedicated page or phone them on 1800 806 218 when you are ready for assistance
- Read this message from the Australian Banking Association
- Financial assistance options from the Federal Government including the Disaster Recovery Allowance.
- Call our Employee Assistance Program, Converge International on 1300 687 327 which available to members for support and counselling services 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Get help from charities including Red Cross and Salvation Army.
Local resources for Queensland
- QLD Rural Fire Service: bushfire updates and alert levels
- Business QLD: small business recovery information and advice
- QLD Government: Personal hardship financial assistance
- Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority: disaster recovery assistance
- QLD Disaster Assist: disaster recovery funding arrangements
Local resources for New South Wales
- NSW Rural Fire Service website: bushfire updates and alert levels
- NSW Government Office of Emergency Management: Information to become disaster ready for individuals, councils, community organisations and businesses.
- NSW Disaster Assist: disaster recovery funding arrangements
Chartered Accountants are often be the backbone of their communities and it is during times like these we often draw on the strength of our community and peers. Please continue to stay alert and remain safe.
CA Wellbeing Australia
Resources for mental health and wellbeing.Read More