- CFOs are key to developing sustainable businesses as they control the flows of money, provide the data needed to inform decision making and support integration across the business
- The new Asia Pacific Chapter will provide an enabling environment for the CFO community in the Asia Pacific community to shape a sustainable future
Accounting for Sustainability (A4S) has recently announced the launch of a fourth regional chapter of its A4S CFO Leadership Network in the Asia Pacific region. Chartered Accountants ANZ is a founding member of the A4S Accounting Bodies Network.
Representing over US$20.7 trillion in combined total assets, with member commercial presence across 200+ countries, the A4S CFO Leadership Network is a unique global group of over 60 CFOs from large organizations with chapters in Asia Pacific, Europe, the US and Canada.
The new Chapter will provide an enabling environment for the CFO region in the Asia Pacific community to shape a sustainable future. It has been founded by CFOs from seven organisations, including Ramsay Healthcare Limited in Australia and Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited in New Zealand.
Climate change is a business risk and the accounting profession has a significant role to play in addressing the risks and opportunities it presents. Accountants work in every sector of the economy. Achieving net zero emissions requires the skills and knowledge of accounting professionals, who are eager to help chart a course of action.
I am honoured and delighted to have been asked to be a founding member of the Accounting for Sustainability CFO Leadership Network for Asia Pacific. I look forward to working with A4S and my fellow CFOs in making whatever contribution I can towards creating a sustainable future for all.
In particular, CFOs are key to developing sustainable businesses as they control the flows of money, provide the data needed to inform decision making and support integration across the business. CFOs are uniquely positioned to influence and inspire others to act, including Boards and Executive Management.
As climate and other sustainability-related risks are growing, embedding sustainability into strategy and processes makes business sense. And this is particularly important for the Asia Pacific region, with the majority countries experiencing the greatest level of GDP impact, due to the key risks of extreme weather and adaptive capacity, being within the region.
To find out more about the Asia Pacific Chapter and the Network, please email [email protected].
We’re excited to be expanding our CFO Leadership Network into the Asia Pacific region. It is important for finance leaders to collaborate and shape the future of business. By joining the network these CFOs are showing leadership, helping to develop global solutions to the pressing challenges we face and create a sustainable future for all.
About Accounting for Sustainability (A4S)
Our aim is to make sustainable business, business as usual. HRH The Prince of Wales established A4S in 2004 to work with the finance and accounting community to:
- Inspire finance leaders to adopt sustainable and resilient business models
- Transform financial decision making to reflect the opportunities and risks posed by the climate crisis and other environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues
- Scale up action to transition to a sustainable economy
A4S has three global networks:
- Chief Financial Officers (CFO) Leadership Network - CFOs from leading organizations seeking to transform finance and accounting
- Accounting Bodies Network (ABN) - members comprise approximately two thirds of the world’s accountants
- Asset Owners Network - Pension Fund Chairs who integrate sustainability into investment decision making
The accounting profession has a significant role to play in climate change mitigation and adaptation.Read more