- Professor Aswath Damodaran will be the keynote presenter at the conference in October 2020
- He is an acclaimed author and valuation expert who teaches finance at New York University
- His all-day workshop will cover the basics of valuation and seven key lessons he has learned
Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand is delighted to announce that the keynote presenter at the Business Valuation and Forensic Accounting conference in October 2020 will be Professor Aswath Damodaran.
Known within the industry as the ‘Dean of Valuation’, Professor Damodaran teaches corporate finance and equity valuation at the prestigious Stern School of Business at New York University. As the author of over twenty acclaimed academic and practitioner texts on valuation, corporate finance and investment management, he has built a reputation as a thought leader – and is often called upon to provide consultation and analysis to major investment banks on Wall Street.
Professor Damodoran is widely published in leading journals of finance, including The Review of Financial Studies, The Journal of Financial Economics, and The Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis. In addition to his role at NYU, he regularly guest lectures at the London School of Economics, HEC School of Management and other esteemed institutions worldwide, as well as establishing and coordinating a number of online education programs.
Professor Damodoran’s significant contribution to the world of valuation has been recognised with awards for excellence in teaching from New York University and the University of California Berkeley, where he previously served as a visiting lecturer from 1984 to 1986. He has also been profiled in Business Week as one of the top 12 US business school professors.
At the 2020 Business Valuation and Forensic Accounting conference, we are privileged to have a full day of workshops with Professor Damodoran, centred around the seven key lessons he has learned through his extensive career.
“Known within the industry as the ‘Dean of Valuation’, Professor Damodaran teaches corporate finance and equity valuation at the prestigious Stern School of Business.”
Entitled Value Me, You Must! A Jedi Guide to Valuation, Professor Damodran will explore the basics of valuations and how to convert tools and models into valuations. Some of the topics covered include:
- the gap between accounting and valuation mindsets
- valuation as a bridge between storytelling and number crunching
- the difference between accuracy and precision in modelling
- the value process versus the pricing process
- honing your craft of valuation
- how to have faith in your value
- case studies to illustrate effective valuation
- key lessons on currencies, growth, cash flows, and discount rates.
These workshops are designed to help you understand and improve how you practice valuation, drawing on Professor Damodran’s wealth of expertise and knowledge.
2020 Business Valuation and Forensic Accounting Conference
Make sure you Register Your Interest below to secure your place.Register here