- Upcoming events in May
- Future of Trust Series started in Wellington on 21 March
- Future Prospects on Charity Law, Accounting and Regulation in New Zealand Conference started in April
The Future of Trust Series started in Wellington on 21 March. The series supports the launch of the "Future of Trust" research paper published by Chartered Accountants in February 2019 and discusses the evolving role of Chartered Accountants as trusted advisors.
The next Future of Trust Series sessions will be:
- Local Perspective on Trust featuring a panel discussion with Whittaker's, Resene Paints and Ronald McDonald House Charities New Zealand on 9 May
- The final session of the series will be on 12 June and feature an interview with Rob Everett, Chief Executive of the Financial Market Authority (FMA).
On Thursday 11 and Friday 12 April 2019 we co-hosted a major event in Wellington: the Future Prospects on Charity Law, Accounting and Regulation in New Zealand Conference Among the speakers were leading figures from New Zealand and overseas. CA ANZ also presented the 2019 Charity Reporting Awards to the winners and runners-up from the four tiers at the evening dinner.
Highlight from the regions was the Wairarapa SIG - Business Insight event. More than thirty Members heard from the CEO of Willow Shoes Jordie Falloon about the growth of their business, a great kiwi success story.
Events in May
May – full on with Tax Roadshows.
The region has a busy start to May with the highly topical and popular Tax Roadshows:
- Wednesday 1 May - Whanganui in the morning (9.00am – 12.00) and Palmerston North in the afternoon (2.00pm – 5.00pm)
- Thursday 2 – Paraparaumu (12.00 – 3.00pm)
- Tuesday 7 May – there is a morning (9.00am – 12.00) and afternoon (1.00pm – 4.00pm) session in Wellington at our offices.
- Wednesday 8 May - Masterton (9.00am – 12.00).
Other events in the calendar for May are:
- Wednesday 8 May: Manawatu Young Accountants Group Tips & Insights into the CA World
- Tuesday 14 May: Wellington Milestone Members Ceremony at the iconic Harbourside Function Centre
- Wednesday 15 May: Effective Finance Business Partnering
- Wednesday 22 May: Women in Business Conference 2019
- Thursday 23 May: Manawatu Gala Event at Orlando Country
- Monday 27 May: Financial Services SIG Event: Growing Wealth.
For more information about our upcoming events, please contact us at Wellington.Events@charteredaccountantsanz.com.