- SA Government has announced a six-day shutdown
- Accountants do not currently fall under the essential services list outlined by the Government and will need to work from home for the next six days
- CA ANZ has compiled a list of resources to help members during this shutdown
SA Government has announced a six day “circuit breaker” shutdown effective from midnight Wednesday 18 November as part of their COVID-19 response.
The stay at home period will begin at 12.01 am on Thursday 19 November will end on 12:01 am on Wednesday 25 November 2020.
All people in South Australia will be required to stay at home for the entire period.Accountants do not currently fall under the essential services list outlined by the Government and will need to work from home for the next six days.
SA Government Website
Find further information on the announcement and the essential services list.Read more
Reasons to leave home
Over the next six days, one person can leave their home, per day, for the purposes of obtaining essential goods or service from a:
- consular and diplomatic services
- distribution centre
- financial institution
- hardware store
- home commonly known as a bottle shop
- pet store or veterinary clinic
- petrol station
- post office
- supermarket, butcher, fruit and vegetable store or fishmonger (but not an indoor or outdoor market)
- urgent services necessary for the health and safety or any person, animal or premises
- vehicle mechanical services.
Resources to support you
Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand has a range of resources to help your business while you are working from home.
Operating your business in lockdown
This page offers resources and tips to help members in practice, and sole-practitioners, make this transition.Read more
View entry-level, intermediate or advanced resources to help you automate processes and run your business efficiently.Read more
Practical tips to help management communications and client services
During the lockdown in Victoria, the Trans-Tasman Public Practice Advisory Committee members provide tips for SMPs going into lockdown that could help you.Read more
Your personal wellbeing
CA ANZ has extended our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to Australian and New Zealand members. This confidential program supports you and your family through counselling services and a member can access up to three sessions provided free of charge.Read more