- Our third Communication of Engagement report to the UN covers our actions to support and engage with the UN Global Compact initiative
- Chartered Accountants ANZ is an active member of the UN Global Compact Network in Australia
Chartered Accountants ANZ is delivering a wide range of education programs related to the UN Global Compact principles, ranging from online webinars and conferences such as the World Congress of Accountants (WCOA) International Accounting Conference in Sydney in 2018. About 5550 people have done the education programs.
CA ANZ advances the Global Compact and its principles beyond our membership and into the organisations they work for and their clients. We are committed to embedding the principles in our strategy, culture and day-to-day operations, and collaborating with the Global Compact Network in Australia.
CA ANZ, as a non-business signatory to the UN Global Compact, is required to submit a communication on engagement (COE) every second year.
The COE is a statement of our work and support of the Global Compact initiative. We support public accountability and transparency and therefore report our progress via the COE. CA ANZ has lodged its third COE with the UN Global Compact that covers the period from 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2019.
The COE reaffirms our support of the Global Compact principles and provides information on the actions we have taken as a non-business member to support the initiative.
What else have we been doing?
- We have published a number of thought leadership papers that link to UNGC Human Rights principles, environment principles and anti-corruption principles.
- We have been actively involved with the Commonwealth Climate Law Initiative, Accounting for Sustainability (A4S), Group of 100, the National Capital Coalition and the IIRC particularly in areas of SDGs, finance culture, TCFD and climate risk.
- We continue to share the Global Compact principles through numerous blogs and Acuity magazine articles.
- We have also continued to share the Global Compact principles through numerous blogs and Acuity articles
CA ANZ is an active member of the UN Global Compact Network in Australia and is committed to helping members and their organisations contribute to a more prosperous and sustainable future.
Read our COE on the UN Global Compact website:View here
The UN Global Compact ten principlesFind out more