- Events wrap up
- Upcoming events
Recap of last month’s events/activity
Volunteer Thank-you Drinks – 29 November
On 29 November Chartered Accountants hosted members of our committees who support us during the year for end of year drinks and nibbles. The event was held at the Pullman top of the town room. We had Chris Melville, a local Jazz Singer perform for us.
Capstone/ Young Accountants Christmas Networking Event - 14 December
Our Capstone and YAG end of year event was a chance for our Young Accountants Group members and Capstone candidates for 2017 to celebrate the year and give them a chance to connect with each other and form valuable networks. The event was held at Top of The Town in the Pullman Auckland with over 80 guests registered to attend.
CA Induction Event – 22 January 2018
This event is a great opportunity for our newest CA candidates to put their networking skills into practice in a relaxed environment whilst meeting fellow candidates also commencing their Chartered Accountants journey.
The event will feature a presentation from a module leader and recent graduate who will cover:
- Advice and study hints as you learn how to plan your progression through the program and become a Chartered Accountant
- An insight into the learning resources available to you, including the Candidate Study Guide, virtual classroom options and more
- An understanding about how you will be assessed in the modules
future[inc] Future of Talent Paper, Auckland Launch Event – 20 February 2018
Talent, or at least the skills we think of as being desirable for tomorrow's talent to possess, is changing. In business and elsewhere, technical skills are being overtaken by the human touch - by the problem solvers, the creatives and the communicators.
The Auckland launch of our latest future[inc] thought leadership paper - the Future of Talent - will include a keynote address from Greg Savage, Global recruitment industry leader and spokesperson. Greg will then join a fantastic line-up of panellists to discuss the paper including:
- Dr Julie Harrison, Senior Lecturer in the Department of Accounting & Finance at the University of Auckland Business School
- Marisa Fong, Co-founder of Madison Recruitment
- Russell Windsor, Partner, People & Culture Leader, PwC
The panel will be facilitated by Peter Vial, NZ Country Head for Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.