- There is no charge to attend
- 10 sessions over 9 locations between 16-26 July
- Places are limited so register now to avoid disappointment
You, or someone in your accounting practice, should have received an invitation to attend an AML/CFT roadshow which the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA) is running in conjunction with the NZ Police Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU). Attendance is free for accountants, tax agents, bookkeepers and anyone engaged in providing professional accounting services.
The roadshows are intended to reinforce the material in the Guideline: Accountants published by the DIA in March. The guidance for accountants is designed to help you determine whether your accounting practice is a reporting entity under the AML/CFT Act and, if so, to understand what your obligations are and how to prepare for them.
You will have the opportunity to ask any questions of the DIA or the FIU to address any concerns you might have ahead of the “go live” date of 1 October 2018. Sessions are taking place as follows:
- 16 July, 1pm—3pm: Forum North, 7 Rust Avenue, Whangarei
- 17 July, 9am—11am and 1pm—3pm: CA ANZ Conference Centre, 12—16 Nicholls Lane, Parnell, Auckland
- 18 July, 9am—11am: Distinction Hotel, 100 Garnett Avenue, Te Rapa, Hamilton
- 18 July, 3pm—5pm: Club Mount Maunganui, 45 Kawaka Street, Mt Maunganui, Tauranga
- 19 July, 2pm—4pm: DIA Conference Centre, 45 Pipitea Street, Thorndon, Wellington
- 23 July, 9am—11am: Napier Conference Centre, 48 Marine Parade, Bluff Hill, Napier
- 24 July, 10am—12pm: Rutherford Hotel, 27 Nile Street W, Nelson
- 25 July, 9am—11am: Quality Hotel Elms, 456 Papanui Road, Papanui, Christchurch
- 26 July, 9am—11am: The Dunedin Centre, 1 Harrop Street, Dunedin
Want to attend?
Places are limited, and registrations are essentialRegister now
Initialism are also planning to host complementary two hour face to face training sessions for accountants in some locations that the DIA is not visiting, including; New Plymouth, Palmerston North and Invercargill.
AML/CFT Compliance Training Sessions
6-16 AugustRead more