- There are transitional arrangements in place for current provisional ACA members and ACA students to allow them time to complete the entry requirements after the closing date
- Current ACA members will be able to continue to hold their designation if they wish to do so
- Pathways from ACA to the CA designation are available for current ACAs
The Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand Board has approved closing entry to ACA membership, taking effect from 1 July 2018.
Current ACA members will be able to remain ACAs or transfer to CA membership.
Provisional ACA members and ACA students have additional time to complete the entry requirements if they are already part way through these.
Current ACA members
Current ACA members can retain their designation and remain an ACA.
Members who would like to move from ACA to CA need to meet requirements relevant to their level of experience and the criteria under which they became an ACA.
Future ACA members
Transitional arrangements will be available for provisional ACA members and students currently studying towards ACA.
For Provisional ACA members at 30 June 2018:
- You have until 30 June 2020 to complete the ACA practical experience requirements and Professional Ethics course and then until 1 October 2020 to apply to become a Full ACA; alternatively you may wish to complete the requirements for CA membership.
For those who are currently completing academic study towards ACA membership at 30 June 2018:
- You will have until 30 June 2020 to complete your academic study and become a provisional ACA member. You will then have until 30 June 2022 to complete your practical experience requirements and Professional Ethics course and then until 1 October 2022 to apply to become a Full ACA. You also have an option to change your course to CA or AT.
For those students who have finished ACA academic study:
- You must apply for Provisional ACA membership by 30 June 2018. You would then have until 30 June 2020 to complete the ACA practical experience requirements and Professional Ethics Course, and must apply for full ACA membership by 1 October 2020.