Thousands of articles, eBooks, and audiobooks were accessed during the year covering a vast range of subjects from tax to Tibetan meditation.
The most popular eBook by far was the Australian Master Tax Guide with almost 500 downloads. On a less technical note, The Barefoot Investor leapt off the virtual shelf 120 times during the year.
At the beginning of 2020, the library introduced audiobooks to the collection and members have since listened in to 3,200 titles with the most popular being Happier Human and its 53 science-backed habits to increase happiness, which was accessed almost 200 times.
So, check out the list below, because in addition to letting you in on 2020’s most popular professional resources, it is an interesting reflection of a most extraordinary year.
- Excel: using TEXTJOIN with an array
- How to say no at work without making enemies
- Top 5 Excel functions you might not know: our Excel MVP unveils a fistful of functions that pack a real punch
- Analysing future cash flow in Excel: how business can calculate how much cash they really need today to not run out tomorrow
- Automate bank reconciliations with Excel Power Query
- Australian and New Zealand master tax guides 2020
- Australian master GST guide 2020
- The barefoot investor: the only money guide you'll ever need
- International GAAP 2020: generally accepted accounting practice under international financial reporting standards
- Australian practical tax examples
- Happier human: 53 science-backed habits to increase your happiness
- Time management ninja: 21 tips for more time and less stress in your life
- Retrain your brain: cognitive behavioral therapy in 7 weeks - a workbook for managing depression and anxiety
- Two awesome hours: science-based strategies to harness your best time and get your most important work done
- The year of less: how I stopped shopping, gave away my belongings, and discovered life is worth more than anything you can buy in a store
Did you know CA Library offers a complimentary research service?
2020 was a busy one for our research librarians, who are here to help you resolve questions, large and small. If you would like help finding accurate and current information, get in touch with the library team.
Here are a few of the most requested research topics from 2020:
Research topic areas
- Valuing and purchasing an accounting practice
- Due diligence
- Depreciation of fixed assets
- Data visualisation
- Cyber security policies
CA Library catalogue
All online resources are available to members at no cost. For hardcopy resources, the only expense is the return of the item to CA Library.