Over the summer months, CAs across the globe accessed thousands of articles, eBooks and audiobooks from the Library to source technical information or get inspired with top personal development, career and leadership titles.
From Excel techniques and time management tips to how to make magic at work, here's what your fellow members were reading over the summer.
Top 5 items from the Library for summer
In addition to online journals and the ever-popular Master Tax Guides, members tapped into an eclectic range of topics.
- CA Library’s hot summer reads (recommended reading list)
- Kick-start your New Year (recommended reading list)
- Storytelling with data visualisation (article)
- Time smart: how to reclaim your time and live a happier life (eBook)
- Australian practical tax examples
Top eBooks for summer
- Never say sell: how the world's best consulting and professional services firms expand client relationships
- The art of business valuation: accurately valuing a small business
- Microsoft Excel functions quick reference: for high-quality data analysis, dashboards, and more
- Automate the boring stuff with Python: practical programming for total beginners
- Continuing financial modelling
Top audiobooks for summer
- Ikigai: the Japanese secret to a long and happy life
- The 7 habits on the go: timeless wisdom for a rapidly changing world
- The Brain fog fix: reclaim your focus, memory and joy in just 3 weeks
- Everyday creative: a dangerous guide for making magic at work
- The mindful day: practical ways to find focus, calm and joy from morning to evening
The hidden gem for this month is:
The financial advisor's success manual: how to structure and grow your financial services practice
Coming up in the March What's New in the Library Bulletin
- Cubicle to cloud: how to start and scale up a virtual professional service
- The Path: accelerating your journey to financial freedom
- The controller's toolkit
Did you know CA Library offers a complimentary research service? If you would like help finding accurate and current information, get in touch with the library team.
Here are a few examples of some recent research topics:
Research topic areas
- Succession planning for accountants / accounting firms
- Valuing and selling an accounting practice
- Loss of capacity – preventing elder financial abuse
CA Library catalogue
All online resources are available to members at no cost. For hardcopy resources, the only expense is the return of the item to CA Library.