- CA ANZ suggests improving the quality and quantity of information available to tax agents through the top solutions for tax agents’ website
- Inland Revenue is trialling a new issues summary report
- CA ANZ emphasises the need for prompt resolution of key issues
CA ANZ has been working with Inland Revenue to improve how the Business Transformation release 3 resolutions and changes are communicated.
One of our early suggestions was to improve the quality and quantity of information available to tax agents through the top solutions for tax agents’ website. This page is still updated regularly and we recommend members check back frequently for changes to the status of any issues they are experiencing.
However, we know not everyone likes to receive information in the same way. In addition to receiving updates of BT3 issues via the website, and from your agent account managers, Inland Revenue is trialling a weekly progress summary report.
You can find a copy of this report below. CA ANZ would love to hear from members whether this report is a useful way to see the status of issues that may be affecting them or their clients.
CA ANZ would love to hear from members whether this report is a useful way to see the status of issues that may be affecting them or their clients.
CA ANZ will provide this feedback to Inland Revenue and recommend that this report continues through the issues resolution phase. We will continue to publish the most recent report in the NZ Tax News and will post the weekly update in the Taxation group on My CA.
While Inland Revenue has been working to resolve BT3 issues, we know a few large issues are still causing members and their clients a great deal of stress. CA ANZ is emphasising the need to resolve the following key issues that members are talking about most often:
- automatic transfer of tax refunds/credits to tax liabilities due within 10 days
- timing and frequency of debt letters being sent directly to members’ clients
- automatic refund of tax payments paid to the incorrect year
- availability of running balances in myIR
- correspondence sent directly to members’ clients.
We will endeavour to keep members updated on the progress on these issues.