- Recent CA ANZ advocacy activities
- Recently finalised consultations
During August, CA ANZ Australian Tax Team’s advocacy activities included:
- Attendance at the Treasury’s TPB review roundtables in Sydney and Melbourne to discuss the Review of the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) Discussion Paper
- Liaison with CPA Australia on a joint submission on the TPB discussion paper for the mutual benefit of members of both associations
- National Tax Liaison Group agenda setting teleconference Member firm visits in Brisbane Discussions with senior ATO officials around small business issues and tax agents acting for deceased estates.
- Submission to the ATO on the expansion of Reportable Tax Position Schedule to large private companies and corporate groups
- Submission to the Treasury on $10,000 cash payment limit draft legislation
- Submission to the Senate inquiry into Tax Integrity and Other Measures No. 1 Bill which includes limiting deductions for holding costs relating to vacant land.
View the latest tax articles and see what the tax team are up to:
Review of the Tax Practitioner’s Board
Following the recent release of the Review of the Tax Practitioner Board (TPB) Discussion Paper, Michael Croker (Tax Leader Australia) and Donna Bagnall (Senior Tax Advocate) and Bronny Speed (Financial Advice Leader) have attended several round-table forums to discuss this report and its implications.
Seven options to reduce the regulatory burden on Tax (Financial) Advisers were suggested, and in response to these, we are working with CPA Australia on a joint submission for the mutual benefit of members of both associations.
ATO Justified Trust Workshops for CAs who work on the tax affairs of private groups
The ATO is currently rolling out the program to Large Private Groups (assets over $50 million) and will continue to contact more private groups as time goes by. Chartered Accountants ANZ has teamed up with the ATO to roll-out workshops across most capital cities during August & September.
A problem no government can ignore
In this article, Susan Franks (Senior Tax Advocate, CA ANZ) discusses the steps the ATO is taking to address the issue of tax debt growing faster than tax collections.
Recently Finalised Items
CA ANZ has recently submitted on a number of submission including:
Submission Expansion of the Reportable Tax Position Schedule to large private companies and corporate groups
Connect with the Australian Tax Team
Members are encouraged to stay engaged in the consultation process and share suggestions and feedback.Contact us