- Inland Revenue’s Stage 3 Business Transformation went live on 26 April
- Where IR is aware of issues affecting a number of tax agents, solutions and information is available on its website
An update from Inland Revenue
We went live with our latest round of changes on 26 April, and everything’s largely going well so far. Thank you for your assistance and patience.
Since reopening, the new system has handled (as at 7 May):
- 160,000 Working for Families payments, worth $33 million in total
- 150,000 payday filing returns
- 84,000 GST returns
- 22,000 individual income tax returns
- 18,000 updates to details such as addresses and bank accounts in myIR, and
- 85,000 donation tax receipts
Where things aren’t working as expected, with our new website and myIR Secure Online Services, we want to keep you in the loop. When we become aware of issues affecting a number of tax agents, we’ll publish information on our new top solutions for tax intermediaries webpage.
As well as providing brief summaries of issues, this page will also explain any temporary workarounds and our progress towards resolving them permanently.
Have you come across an issue with the new system?
If your issue is not already identified on the top solutions for tax intermediaries webpage, tax agents should raise these with their agent account managers. CA ANZ is monitoring issues members have shared and raises these with Inland Revenue where appropriate.
Top issues and solutions for tax intermediaries
When IR becomes aware of common issues affecting tax agents, IR will update this page with a brief summary of the issue, any workarounds, and the progress towards resolving it.Find out more