- Eligible SMEs get 40% of their NSW payroll
- NSW government introduces compulsory COVID testing for Greater Sydney
- NSW businesses require visitors to comply with QR code chek-in
The NSW government has announced special COVID testing requirements for individuals whose work involves travel outside the Greater Sydney area.
There are additional testing obligations for those in the Fairfield local government area. Although the onus is on the individual to be tested, these rules obviously need to be carefully considered by those businesses operating in the NSW lockdown areas that have a mobile workforce.
Individuals who live in or are staying in Greater Sydney including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour must have a COVID-19 test in the 7 days before working if their workplace is 50km or more outside Greater Sydney.
Individuals who live in or are staying in the Fairfield local government area but who work outside this area, must have a COVID-19 test once every 72 hours (3 days) to be allowed to enter a workplace.
QR check-in arrangements have been made mandatory across a wide range of industries and businesses, including office premises in NSW. The occupier of the premises must take reasonable steps to ensure a person complies.
An extended NSW lockdown support package has also been announced.
The package sees:
- an increase in the COVID-19 disaster payment to individuals from week four of a lockdown, administered by the Commonwealth
- a 50-50 cost sharing arrangement between the Commonwealth and the NSW governments for a small to medium business support package, administered by NSW.
Eligible SMEs will receive 40% of their NSW payroll payments, at a minimum of $1500 and a maximum of $10,000 per week.
To be eligible, turnover must be 30% lower than an equivalent two-week period in 2019.
To receive the payment, entities must maintain their full time, part time and long-term casual staffing level as of 13 July 2021.
For non-employing businesses, such as sole traders, the payment is $1,000 per week.