1. Instructions on how to enter to win a Prize (defined below) form part of these terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions"). Participation in this "Membership Renewal Incentive" ("Incentive") is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. This Incentive is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
2. The Incentive is for a Prize which will be won by all Eligible Entrants (defined below) who submit an Eligible Entry (defined below) in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
3. The promoter is Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand ACN 084 642 571 of 33 Erskine Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia ("Promoter" or "CA ANZ").
4. The Incentive commences at 12:00am (AEDT) on Monday, 20 May 2019, and ends at 12:00am (AEDT) on Monday, 1 July 2019 ("Incentive Period").
5. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
a) "Education Store" means the CA ANZ online education store containing online continuous professional development products;
b) "Eligible Entrant" or "Eligible Entry" has the meaning given in clause 7
c) "Membership" means a membership subscription to CA ANZ;
d) "Overseas" means outside of New Zealand and Australia;
e) "Prize" means either a $50 Education Store credit, or credit for one (1) of five (5) webinars, valued at $50 (whichever is relevant);
f) "Website" means https://charteredaccountantsanz.force.com/MyCA/s/login/; and
g) "$" is a reference to Australian dollars.
Privacy and Collection Statement
Eligibility and Entries
7. To be eligible to participate in this Incentive, an entrant must, during the Incentive Period:
a) be a natural person and not be a company, business or organisation of any description, or an employee of the Promoter, or of any agency associated with this Incentive;
b) renew their membership to CA ANZ during the Incentive Period by:
i. logging into the Website; and
ii. following prompts to renew their Membership;
c) provide all personal information requested by the Promoter, in renewing their Membership, including the entrant’s full name, mobile number, email address and residential address; and
d) follow any other reasonable directions provided by the Promoter and/or its representatives in relation to the Incentive,
(each eligible entry an "Eligible Entry" and each eligible entrant an "Eligible Entrant").
8. An Eligible Entrant may make only one (1) Eligible Entry and is eligible to win a maximum of one (1) Prize.
10. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, ignore any entry which it deems to be offensive or inappropriate, or otherwise tampers with the entry process, or which otherwise does not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
11. All Eligible Entrants who submit an Eligible Entry will win a Prize ("Prize Winner").
12. Prize Winners will be notified by way of confirmation email once they have renewed their membership.
13. The total value of the Prize is $50. If the Prize Winner is a CA ANZ member located in Australian or New Zealand, the Prize will be a $50 voucher to be used by the Prize Winner in the Education Store. If the Prize Winner is from Overseas ("Overseas Prize Winner") the Overseas Prize Winner will be offered credit by the Promoter for their choice of five (5) webinars.
14. An Overseas Prize Winner must:
a) select one (1) out of five (5) webinars using credit; and
b) redeem their credit between 12:01am (AEDT) on Monday, 1 July 2019 and 11:59pm (AEDT) on Monday, 30 September 2019.
15. If the Prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, may substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
16. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and is not redeemable for cash.
17. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, who tampers with the entry process or who is not otherwise an Eligible Entrant. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
18. If this Incentive is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Eligible Entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Incentive, as appropriate.
19. Subject to clause 19, each Eligible Entrant releases the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) from all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Incentive, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their location by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in the Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by an entrant, Eligible Entrant or Winner; or (f) use of the Prize.
20. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify any consumer rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) ("CCA") or any other legislation which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement. If the CCA or any other legislation implies a condition, warranty or term into the Terms and Conditions or provides statutory guarantees in connection with these Terms and Conditions, in respect of goods and services supplied (if any), the Promoter's liability for breach of such a condition, warranty, other term or guarantee is limited (at the Promoter's election) to the extent it is able to do so: (a) in the case of supply of goods, the Promoter doing any one or more of the following: (i) replacing the goods or supplying equivalent goods (ii) repairing the goods (iii) paying the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; and/or (iv) paying the cost of having the goods repaired; or (b) in the case of supply of services, the Promoter doing either or both of the following: (i) supply the services again; and/or (ii) paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
21. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia. Eligible Entrants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
22. Consumer Incentive support is available at:
Phone: 1300 137 322