- Review requirements for CA SMSF Specialisation through Emerging Pathway – Post-graduate study
- Enrol in your chosen course as specified below
- Once you successfully complete the program follow the link to the Recognition webpage to apply for recognition as a CA SMSF Specialist
1. Review the requirements
To receive recognition as a CA SMSF Specialist through Emerging Pathway, you must:
- be a Chartered Accountant or an Affiliate with at least 2 years of practical SMSF experience within the last 5 years, where at least 40% of your employment was related to SMSFs
- successfully undertake the mandatory subjects through a higher education institution as specified in step 2 below
- apply for CA ANZ recognition as a CA SMSF Specialist within five years of completing the mandatory subjects
- continue to undertake at least 40% of your CPD in Superannuation with at least 20 hours per triennium specific to SMSFs as an approved CA SMSF Specialist.
2. Enrol in your chosen course
Enrol in the Graduate Certificate in Self-Managed Super Funds through the University of Adelaide.To be eligible to apply to become a CA SMSF Specialist, this must include:
- CORPFIN 6009 – SMSF Best Practice
- CORPFIN 6010 – Understanding SMSF Trustees
- CORPFIN 6011 – SMSF Strategic Advice
- CORPFIN 6012 – SIS Regulation and Taxation
The indicative cost per subject for the University of Adelaide program is $4,325 = $17,500 for 4 subjects. Refer to the University of Adelaide website for the most current fee information.
Members who completed the Kaplan Graduate Certificate in Self-Managed Superannuation Funds, or UNSW Master of Tax within the last 5 years, including the subjects CA ANZ previously specified are also eligible to apply to become a CA SMSF specialist.
3. Upon completion
When you have successfully completed the mandatory subjects and practical experience requirements, you can apply to CA ANZ for formal recognition as a CA SMSF Specialist.
- Specialisation application fee (one off) $232 incl. GST
- Annual specialisation subscription fee $280 incl. GST
You can apply for the specialisation accreditation after completing the four mandatory subjects. You do not need to wait until receiving the qualification. These subjects must be completed within 5 years prior to applying for CA SMSF Specialist recognition.
Register your interest
Find out about leading the way as a CA SMSF Specialist.Register your interest
Apply for Recognition
Have you successfully completed the course? Apply for recognition now.Learn more
CA SMSF Specialisation – Experienced Pathway
For members who have extensive experience in SMSFsFind out more
Return to the main page
Return to the main page for more information about CA SMSF SpecialisationReturn to main page