- Review requirements for the CA Risk Specialisation through Emerging Pathway – Post-graduate study
- Enrol in the relevant course through the Australian Graduate School of Management (AGSM), University of New South Wales (UNSW)
- Once you successfully complete the course follow the link to the Recognition webpage to apply for recognition as a CA Risk Specialist
1. Review requirements
To receive recognition as a Risk Specialist through Emerging Pathway, you must:
- be a Chartered Accountant or an Affiliate with at least 2 years of practical risk management experience within the last 5 years, where at least 20% of your employment was in risk, and an additional 20% is related to the risk management field of work
- successfully complete the mandatory subjects at the AGSM UNSW
- apply for CA ANZ recognition within five years of completing the mandatory subjects
- continue to undertake at least 40% of CPD requirements in risk as an approved CA Risk Specialist
Register your interest in becoming a Risk Specialist for more information.Register your interest
2. Enrol in the appropriate courses at UNSW
Once you have registered your interest, you can enrol in the AGSM's Graduate Certificate in Management.
You must successfully complete two mandatory subjects as part of the Graduate Certificate of Management:
- MBAX9135 Business Analytics
- MBAX9130 Enterprise Risk Management
Cost per subject for the UNSW course is $4,980 - $5,400.
Total course fee $9,960 - $10,800
There are 3 intakes throughout the year.
You can apply for the specialisation accreditation after completing the two mandatory subjects. You do not need to wait until receiving the qualification. These subjects must be completed within 5 years prior to applying for CA Risk Specialist recognition.
When you have successfully completed the mandatory subjects and practical experience requirements, you can apply for formal recognition as a CA Risk Specialist.
Fees are payable to CA ANZ on successful completion of the course to become a CA Risk Specialist, these include:
- Specialisation application fee (one off) A$232 incl. GST
- Annual specialisation subscription fee A$280 incl. GST
Apply for Recognition
Have you successfully completed the two mandatory subjects? Apply for recognition now.Learn more
Experienced Pathway – Live Online Course
For members who have extensive experience in RiskFind out more
Return to main page
Return to the main page for more information about CA Risk SpecialisationReturn to main page