Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand is committed to advancing the accounting profession through upholding ethical standards, delivering world-class member services, educating and advocating for the public good.
We provide value to members at every stage of their careers by promoting, recognising and protecting their designations as well as keeping them connected with other members and supporting the next
generation of talent to enter the profession.
How we are supporting the profession
Promoting & recognising
- Promoting and positioning the profession and the CA brand to the public, business leaders, influencers and the media
- Advocacy in the public interest and on behalf of members:
- Policy and regulatory submissions
- Member expert advisory groups
- Thought leadership
- Reciprocal membership agreements with international accounting bodies
- International affiliations (IFAC, CAW, GAA) and strategic partnerships (ACCA)
- Member awards recognising excellence and milestones
- Member benefits programme giving access to exclusive offers for members from globally recognised brands.
Protecting the brand
- Professional standards (including Code of Ethics)
- Conduct and regulatory functions to maintain standards
- Professional guidance and technical support (including Chartered Accountants Advisory Group for professional and ethical issues, and well-being resources)
- Liability Capping Scheme (in Australia).
Supporting future talent
- CA Program setting rigorous entry standards
- Promoting a career in business, finance and chartered accounting to students
- Achiever Programme (students) and Mentor Exchange (for young members)
- Scholarships including Māori, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander scholarships and engagement programmes.
Connecting & informing
- Learning and professional development opportunities via face-to-face, digital and social channels
- Use of My CA - a private social network that allows you connect with members and manage your membership
- LinkedIn Learning - unlimited access to more than 7,000 on-demand high-quality non-technical courses
- Access to CA Catalyst which provides resources and tools, start-up hub experiences, exposure to new innovations and expert insights to help you unlock growth opportunities
- Library and research services
- Member resources and support
- Acuity, our award winning monthly business magazine
- Specialisations for members to attain
- Opportunities to represent members and become involved with the organisation's governance.
Making a difference for our members
Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand provides members with access to benefits and professional support via a range of activities:
- maintaining professional standards and a code of ethics
- setting rigorous entry requirements to the profession
- monitoring the profession through conduct and regulatory functions
- promoting your designation in the marketplace
- professional guidance and technical support
- advocacy in legislative, regulatory and public policy arenas on issues that can affect the profession
- thought leadership, technical news and resources
- local networking programmes and events
- access to library and research services
- professional opportunities through international networks and reciprocal arrangements with global bodies
- subscription to Acuity, our award-winning business magazine
- Exclusive member benefits through the CA ANZ Member Benefits Program.
We are here to help. Please contact our Member Support Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 137 322 (Australia); 0800 469 422 (New Zealand) or +64 4 474 7840 (outside AU and NZ).