Preparing your Provisional Membership application

Make sure you have the supporting documents ready before you apply.

To apply for Provisional Membership, you will be required to complete an online member application form and submit it with supporting documentation, including;

Certified academic documents:

  • Official academic transcript(s)
  • Evidence of completed degree if this is not stated in your official transcript. A certified degree certificate or completion letter is acceptable.

Practical experience documents:

  • If you're currently employed in a relevant accounting role with a CA mentor, complete and upload a signed Practical Experience Agreement form.

How to certify your academic documents

Your academic documents will need to be provided in a certified format. Incorrectly formatted documents are the number one cause of delay in the assessment process.

There are three acceptable means of certification:

Method 1 - Official e-copies of documents (PDF)

Official e-copies, such as those provided through My eQuals, provide secure access to certified official transcripts and degree documents.

My eQuals

Find out more at My eQuals

Visit My eQuals

Method 2 - Digital colour scans of original documents

These must be clear colour copies with no shadow or obstruction. As a guide, these files should be around 1mb in size or larger. If you are unsure, have these documents certified using the certification guidelines below as if they were black and white copies.

Method 3 - Black and white copies of original documents

We will accept these if they are correctly certified as a true copy of the original. Wording for certification is as follows:

I certify that this is a true copy of the document produced to me on {Date}.
Phone number:
Qualification: (e.g. CA, JP, Pharmacist)
Membership number (if applicable):

If your documents have multiple pages, each page must be signed or initialled with the last page carrying the primary certification statement.

Who can certify my academic documents?

If you are using Method 3 to certify your documents, you must ensure that the person providing the certification is on our list of approved authorities for certifying documents. You can review the list of approved authorities in the pdf below.

Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ) is a registered Australian higher education provider in the category of ‘Institute of Higher Education’ (TEQSA Provider ID: PRV12024).

*International opportunities may require additional training in some countries

Further information on the application process for the CA Program is mentioned within the CA Program Information download below.