If you’re a member of one of the Designated Overseas CA bodies listed below who gained membership through a professional pathway program you are eligible to apply for CA ANZ membership.
Simply follow the steps below to start your journey towards achieving CA ANZ membership.
Step 1: Be a Member of a Designated Overseas CA Body
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka (CA Sri Lanka)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nepal (ICAN)
Step 2: Apply for Provisional Membership
Become a Provisional Member by completing the IPP Application Form and apply online to have your eligibility assessed. Eligibility criteria for Provisional Membership include:
- You must have gained membership through the Professional Pathway Programme of the home body
- You must be a current member of good standing of the overseas member body and comply with CPD requirements
- Minimum of 5 years' post membership with home body
- You are currently living in Australia or New Zealand
- Have a minimum of 5 years post membership relevant experience including a period in a senior position i.e. manager, senior manager, partner or director etc.
In addition to the above, you are strongly encouraged to ensure that you will be able to meet CA ANZ's reference requirements as outlined in the Special Admission to Membership Form linked to under Step 4 below. On completion of the International Pathway Program, you will be required to supply 2 CA references in support of your application. CA members of your home body will not be accepted as references unless they are also current full members of CA ANZ. Review the relevant section of the Special Admission to Membership Form for details of who may act as referees.
Processing times vary but applications submitted prior to an enrolment period opening will be assessed in time for you to enrol into the program.
Step 3: Complete the International Pathway Program (IPP)
Step 4: Apply for Special Admission to Full CA ANZ Membership
Once you have completed your additional studies you will need to complete an Application for Special Admission to Full Membership Form.
Processing times are approximately 20 business days except during peak periods where longer processing times may occur.
Full CA ANZ Membership
More information on the benefits of full CA ANZ membership.Find out More
In addition to applying for membership to CA ANZ you will need to apply for a Certificate of Public Practice (CPP) if you plan to provide services to the public as a Chartered Accountant. You may also apply for Audit Rights to enable you the right to practice and perform audit duties in Australia and New Zealand if you are living in Australia or New Zealand.
Apply for Certificate of Public Practice (CPP)
More information on the certificate of public practice.Read More
Apply for Audit Rights
More information on Audit Rights.Read More
Start your application for Provisional Membership to be able to enrol for the International Pathway Program.Register now