If you’re a member of one of the Designated Overseas CA bodies listed below who gained membership through a professional pathway program you are eligible to apply for CA ANZ membership.
Simply follow the steps below to start your journey towards achieving CA ANZ membership.
Step 1: Be a Member of a Designated Overseas CA Body
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka (CA Sri Lanka)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nepal (ICAN)
Step 2: Apply for Provisional Membership
Become a Provisional Member by completing the IPP Provisional Membership Application Form and apply online to have your eligibility assessed. Eligibility criteria for Provisional Membership include:
- You must have gained membership through the Professional Pathway Programme of the home body
- You must be a current member of good standing of the overseas member body and comply with CPD requirements
- Minimum of 5 years' post membership with home body
- You are currently living in Australia or New Zealand
- Have a minimum of 5 years post membership relevant experience including a period in a senior position i.e. manager, senior manager, partner or director etc.
Processing times vary but applications submitted prior to an enrolment period opening will be assessed in time for you to enrol into the program. We recommend beginning the application process at least one week before the IPP enrolment deadline. However, you may start the application process at any time during the year and if approved be eligible for the next IPP intake.
Upon approval as an IPP Provisional Member, you will receive an email confirming how to log in to My CA and submit your online enrolment.
Step 3: Complete the International Pathway Program (IPP)
As part of the International Pathway Program, you will be required to complete a series of online activities, a workshop and presentations, and a written examination. The IPP workshop will be facilitated over a weekend, through an online platform.
All IPP fees must be paid via credit card at the time of online enrolment. No requests for deferred payment will be approved.
For more information on fees or what is involved in IPP, check out our FAQs.
Step 4: Apply for Special Admission to Full CA ANZ Membership
Following the successful completion of the IPP, you will need to:
- Complete an Application for Special Admission to Full Membership Form
- Provide two references from current CA ANZ members who may be either a CA or FCA using our Special Admission Reference Form
- Pay relevant full membership application fees
Supporting documentation required
As part of the Special Admission to Full Membership form, you will be required to provide:
- A Letter of Good Standing from your home body. The letter must be dated within 3 months of the date of your application for membership and confirm:
- that you are a current full member in good standing
- the date your full membership was granted
- your membership number
- your membership was gained through the standard examination pathway.
- you are compliant with continuing professional development requirements
- Evidence of your identity.
- This should be in the form of a colour copy of your biographic passport page, driver’s licence, national identity card, birth certificate, citizenship certification or proof of age card.
- We will also accept colour copies of certificates of identity, refugee travel document, emergency travel documents or citizenship certificates as proof of identity. If you are a citizen of Singapore, do not include a copy of your National Identity card.
- If there is any variation to your name as it appears on your passport this needs to be substantiated by means of an appropriately certified legal document.
- A certified copy of a bill or other mailed document dated within 3 months of your application showing your name and current address in Australia or New Zealand;
- A copy of your curriculum vitae (CV) showing your full employment history;
- Employer letter/s on company letterhead verifying senior level experience including position title and employment period.
For New Zealand based applicants
In addition to applying for membership to CA ANZ you will need to apply for a Certificate of Public Practice (CPP) if you plan to provide services to the public as a Chartered Accountant. You may also apply for Audit Rights to enable you the right to practice and perform audit duties in Australia and New Zealand if you are living in Australia or New Zealand.
Start your application for Provisional Membership to be able to enrol for the International Pathway Program.Register now
Benefits of IPP
Learn more about the benefits and what is involved in the International Pathway Program.Find out more