Skills assessment criteria
- Degree comparability - you must hold a qualification assessed by CA ANZ as equivalent to at least a New Zealand bachelor’s degree (NZQF level 7 or higher) with coverage of mandatory competency areas.
- Competency areas - you must successfully complete mandatory competency areas relevant to your nominated occupation
|Competency areas||Accountant (General) 221111|
|Accounting Systems and Processes||Mandatory|
|Financial Accounting and Reporting*||Mandatory|
|Finance and Finance Management||Mandatory|
|Audit and Assurance||Optional|
*Financial Accounting & Reporting includes both study in financial accounting and accounting theory.
**Business Law includes both study in Commercial law and Corporations law.
Australian and New Zealand qualifications
If you have completed an Australian or New Zealand qualification, you are encouraged to use our Accredited Tertiary Course (ATC) lists in the Related Downloads section below to ensure you have completed all the mandatory competency areas for your nominated occupation:
- choose the Accredited Tertiary Course list below relevant to the year you started your course
- locate your tertiary institution
- choose your level of qualification from the schedule
- check your subject codes and subject names against the required competency areas in the schedule
You may wish to complete bridging subjects in the mandatory competency areas by completing additional studies through:
To assess the general education level of overseas tertiary and/or professional membership qualification, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand follows the guidelines of the New Zealand Qualifications Authority.
When it has been established that your qualifications are comparable to at least a New Zealand Bachelor Degree (NZQF level 7 or higher), we will then examine the individual subjects to determine coverage of the required competency areas.
You may need an International Qualification Assessment (IQA) from the New Zealand Qualifications Authority stating the comparable NZQF qualification. If you are unsure about which visa you are applying for, or whether you need an IQA for your immigration application, contact New Zealand Immigration.
Apply now for a skills assessment in New Zealand
Understand the application process.Read more
The content on this website is provided for general information purposes only and does not take into account your personal circumstances, details or requirements. Chartered Accountants Australian and New Zealand (CA ANZ) does not provide specific advice in relation to migration or visa requirements. Enquiries relating to visa and migration requirements should be directed to the New Zealand Immigration. You should seek independent professional advice regarding your specific circumstances and consult with the New Zealand Immigration as necessary.
For our full website terms and conditions click here.