- Each year in New Zealand we have a number of New Zealand Council and Local Committee positions to fill
- For 2020 we have four elected positions and one appointed position to fill on the New Zealand Council and Local Committee positions in each of the 15 Local Committees across New Zealand – see below for detail on each
- These processes will run from August to October
NZ Council Elections 2020
The nomination period for New Zealand Council positions closed on Monday 31 August 2020, with results as follows:
Auckland/Northland Region (for 2 positions), nominees are:
Cameron Anderson, CA
Anthony Appleton-Tattersall, CA
Hedy Huang, CA
Larissa Logan, CA
Jeff Mitchell, CA
Jai Nario, CA
Central North Island Region (for 1 position), nominees are:
Josh Hickford, CA
Craig Roberts, CA
Wellington Region (for 1 position):
Julia Fink was the one nominee and is therefore deemed elected unopposed in accordance with the CA ANZ By-Laws.
Elections are now open in both the Auckland/Northland and Central North Island regions as there were more candidates than positions in these areas. Voting closes on 2 October 2020.
If you reside in the Auckland/Northland or Central North Island regions, by now you should have received advice from Electionz.com (CA ANZ voting provider) with instructions for voting, including how to access candidate profiles. If you have not yet received an email or letter from Electionz.com you can contact them (8:30am to 5:00pm NZST) by email at email@example.com, or call 0800 666 045 (toll free within New Zealand). Don't forget to vote before 2 October 2020 to have a say on who will represent you locally and within New Zealand in your professional body.
Local Committee positions
Local Committees (LCs) are groups representing New Zealand members in 15 local areas around the country. LCs advise CA ANZ regarding the membership in the area and its particular needs, preferences and issues as these arise and are a key conduit between CA ANZ and its members. Local Committees comprise between 5 and 10 members in each group.
This year we will have Local Committee positions available in each area. The appointment process will run as follows:
- Applications open from 19 October – 6 November 2020
- Local Committee Appointments approved at NZ Council meeting on 9 December 2020
Local Committee positions will commence from 1 January 2021 for a term of between 1 and 3 years.
For further information please contact: Beth Steele on +64 4 474 7840