When will the survey be live?
Our survey is currently live until 19 August 2021.
How long will it take to complete the survey?
The survey will take approximately 12 minutes to complete.
How will I access the survey?
You can access the survey here.
What type of information are you asking about?
Our Inclusion and Diversity Survey will focus on four key areas:
- Inclusive culture: Exploring your organisation's workplace culture relating to inclusion and diversity; and understanding how much you feel a sense of belonging, safety and respect at work.
- Inclusive careers: Understanding your experiences relating to recruitment and career progression.
- Inclusive leadership: Examining the capability of leaders to seek perspectives different from their own to make decisions, drawing on the contributions of diverse team members, and who are role models for inclusion.
- Diversity demographics: The diversity profile of our profession e.g. including age, gender identity, cultural background or ethnicity etc.
Why is CA ANZ focusing on inclusion and diversity survey?
Chartered Accountants ANZ recognises the importance of inclusion and diversity in creating a world-class membership experience, where we deeply understand and respond to the needs of our members.
To do that, we want to understand the diversity of our members, their lived experiences and perspectives on inclusion and diversity in the profession.
These valuable insights provided by this survey will:
- Help us to understand what is required to fully support our members so that and help shape the design of our future product and service offering, so that members can continue to make a difference to the communities in which they live and work.
- Help us understand if there are any equality gaps and offer guidance on thought leadership and advocacy to advance the profession and advocate for the public good.
- Ensure a sustainable and thriving future for the profession by attracting a diverse pipeline of talent. Knowing where we are now and what we need to be doing will inform our ability to influence and act on opportunities to make positive change.
What are you using this information for?
The results of this survey will be used to inform Chartered Accountants ANZ inclusion and diversity strategy, create advocacy and thought leadership for the industry, including accounting practices that are informed by inclusive design principles.
The data will also be used to inform the development of our future product and service offering to ensure that Chartered Accountants ANZ is supporting and meeting the inclusion and accessibility needs of our members.
Will my results be kept confidential?
The survey is conducted on an anonymous basis. Your responses will be combined with those from other members and will never be reported individually. Your responses will be stored securely, and we will not seek to identify anyone from their responses. You are under no obligation to answer any question; every question has the option to select "Prefer not to answer" if you do not feel comfortable answering. We just ask that anything you do answer; you answer in a way that most accurately represents yourself and your experiences.
Will I have access to the results?
Top line results may be released at the end of the year. Your responses will be combined with those from other members and will never be reported individually. Your responses will be stored securely, and we will not seek to identify anyone from their responses.
We will use the data and findings to inform our inclusion and diversity strategy which will include industry advocacy work, products, services, programs and events meet the inclusion and accessibility needs of our membership.
How can I be assured that my information will be kept as confidential and private?
Chartered Accountants ANZ has engaged Kantar to design and analyse the Survey, with rigorous privacy and confidentiality processes in place.
If you are concerned about privacy within your organisation (e.g. the use of monitoring software), we can take Survey responses via a phone call. Please contact [email protected] to coordinate a suitable time.
Who is Kantar?
Kantar is the data agency administering the Survey on behalf of CA ANZ. Kantar is one of the largest independent market research, data and insights companies in the world, with a presence in over 90 markets worldwide including Australia and New Zealand.
I don't feel comfortable answering some of the questions, can I skip some of the answers?
Yes. You are under no obligation to answer any question; every question has the option to select “Prefer not to answer” if you do not feel comfortable answering. We just ask that anything you do answer; you answer in a way that most accurately represents yourself and your experiences.
Why are you asking about these specific focus areas?
We want to understand the lived experience of our members, so we can identify the opportunities where CA ANZ can support you throughout your career.
We want to create a world-class membership experience that acts in the best interests of all our members and understanding individual needs is the starting point. That is why the diversity demographic questions are multi-dimensional. All questions have the option of ‘prefer not to answer’ included.
We operate in a broader business, cultural and social environment and understanding our members from a holistic view of their lived experiences, not just as accountants, helps us to create products and services that are inclusive and respectful for all our members.
The Survey has been developed by a data agency in consultation with a diversity and inclusion specialist to create a robust methodology. We’ve drawn on external organisations such as the Australian Bureau of Statistics and Stats NZ, and the Australian Network on Disability to frame the Survey question and ensure it meets best-practice in asking questions respectfully and empathetically.
How have you designed your inclusion and diversity survey and why have you focused on specific areas?
We have selected focus areas based on global inclusion and diversity Survey best-practice, overlaid with a lens that’s relevant for the Australian and New Zealand context. There are options to provide feedback through text boxes that capture comments. If you have particular views on a topic outside of the Survey questions, you can submit your response via [email protected].
The Survey focuses on four core dimensions of inclusion and diversity:
- Inclusive culture: to understand the workplace culture of the organisation you’re working in or have recently worked in
- Inclusive careers: to explore your experiences around equity in recruitment and career progression
- Inclusive leadership: your views on the capability of your leaders to seek different perspectives, draw on the contributions of diverse team members, and be role models for inclusion.
- Diversity demographics: to understand your lived experiences from multi dimensions.
If you want to provide feedback on another specific area not covered by the survey, you can do so by emailing us at [email protected].
How have you supported members with feeling safe when responding to the survey?
Psychological safety has been an important design consideration as some questions may be sensitive for some people. We have included trigger warnings in the survey design and when members click onto the first page they are provided with support options to reach out to in Australia and New Zealand e.g. to Lifeline or to call emergency services if it is a life-threatening emergency.
What do you mean when you refer to inclusion and diversity?
For the purposes of this Survey, diversity refers to all characteristics that make individuals different from each other through your lived experiences. This includes but is not limited to age, gender identity, cultural background or ethnicity, perspectives and experiences.
Similarly, inclusion is about a culture based on a sense of belonging – where people are respected, valued and feel psychologically safe to contribute your lived experience. An inclusive culture treats everyone equitably and gives them the opportunities they need to succeed and thrive.
I can't access the Survey, what are the other options to have my say?
We have built the survey using a 'Check Survey Accessibility Tool'.
If you have accessibility requirements and require the survey in an alternative format, please let us know your access preferences or requirements. Contact [email protected] for more information or to get support.
Can I access the results of my employees/colleagues who are members of Chartered Accountants ANZ?
No. We won't be suppling data based on individual organisations.