- An interactive 8 week program that centres on the core skills, processes and frameworks to drive value through Business Advisory
- An 'implementation focused' program which will challenge you on real, relevant and practical scenarios across the client journey
- Build a tailored business roadmap for your firm, which ensures the program translates into the future of the way Business Advisory is delivered to your customers
Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand has partnered with The Outperformer to provide leaders in public practice the opportunity to take part in a highly practical, 8-week virtual program where you’ll have the opportunity to rethink aspects of your services and setup a sustainable and profitable Advisory offering for the future.
With only 20 firms being selected for this intimate and small-group program, ensure you apply early for your best chance of being selected for admission.
The Outperformer is a multi-award winning management consultancy learning and development practice, specialising in transforming the performance and effectiveness of professionals and teams.
Why get involved?
The program is designed to have you exploring and applying the critical principles in building a sustainable and high value Business Advisory offering; allowing you to craft your services through real-time, discussion-based sessions with expert facilitators from The Outperformer.
Using human-centred learning design principles, this program is not a series of lectures, not ‘listen only’ seminars, and not one-dimensional webinars. It is a stimulating, inclusive and at times challenging environment, to make sense of important Business Advisory skills, frameworks and concepts and directly link them to your role, your practice and clients.
"It's given us a framework which we'll use to bolster and formalise the ad hoc advisory we've been doing in the business. It gives us a strong base to build a strong advisory arm."
Throughout the program, participants will be working on building frameworks and a business plan tailored to their business.
"We are in a better position in many ways: we know how to sell ourselves better, we understand the value we can bring better, lastly we know what our consulting services will look like (and it is very different to what we thought it would look like going into the program)."
"We are far better placed to grow our advisory practice due to the shift in our mindset and approach – we have recognised the limitations in our traditional approach and are committed to a more client-centric and value-based approach which clients have been very receptive to thus far."
What are the requirements?
- A practice with over $1.5 million in total revenue and at least 15 current small business clients as well as a mechanism to generate leads
- Employing over 5 staff
- Using Xero, MYOB or a similar technology to manage clients, their financials and engagement
- Commitment to implement the business plan and learnings of the program
- Currently providing business advisory services or just starting your journey
Key Dates and information
Applications for the program will close on 25 September 2020, and will run from the 29 September to 27 November 2020. The online program includes 4 workshops, moderated peer-to-peer discussions weekly and one to one Business roadmap reviews.
The program cost is AU$3,500 excl. GST per firm.
Group onboarding session – 1 hr:
This session ensures participants are aware of the required commitments and minimum standards of engagement in the program.
Session 1 - Focus: Foundations of Business Advisory
What is and what is not business advisory, including the standards of advisory, expectations of advisory, consultative models, and sales and marketing.
- Differentiation of advisory and being clear on what the client is purchasing in this type of service
- Establish the standards to be an adviser
- Establish what it means to work with your advisory firm, and standards held by your clients
Session 2 - The Diagnosis Phase
- Conducting an appropriate needs analysis
- Formulation of consultative solution
- Ongoing review of consultative service provision
- Sales of the diagnostic
- Know what a diagnostic is, and how it looks and feels, what it is not
- How to sell a diagnostic and position a value creating consulting relationship, where appropriate
- Embracing not knowing what the diagnostic will be until the client has presented needs, and developing the 'analytical process' for the issues at hand
Session 3 - The Ongoing Management and Refinement of Consulting Relationship
A closer look at the transition from diagnostic to the provision of ongoing 'council'
- Applications of the consulting framework
- Design of performance areas, performance architecture, task attribution and review
- Exploration of required agility in the consultative journey
Session 4 - Ingredients that Enable Your Consulting Offering
As the title of this session indicates, we look at aspects that empower the consultant and their business
- Decision Making Tools for Client
- Foundations in Operational and Business Excellence
- Marketing & Lead Acquisition
- Exploration of financial modelling as a tool for client decision making
- Considerations for marketing and lead acquisition as a driver for sustainable practice outcomes
- Identification of risks and opportunities of self and practice needs
End Deliverable: Roadmap Presentation
Participants will apply their learning from the program and effectively conduct a diagnostic on their own practice, culminating in the presentation of a roadmap for the development of their offering in market. This will also include specific reflections on learnings via active diagnostics and clients acquired as a critical part of the program journey.
For information download the CA Business Advisory Accelerator program brochure below, or contact CA Catalyst on 02 9290 5650, CA.Catalyst@charteredaccountantsanz.com.
Register your interest
Complete the online application form to register your interest in the program.Apply Now
Find out more about The Outperformer.Learn more
The CA in Residence program
Have the opportunity to apply your learnings and hone your skills by participating in our CA in Residence program, where you’ll be partnered with rapidly growing start-ups and scale-ups, in a low risk yet high impact environment as part of the CA Catalyst CA in Residence Program.Find out more